Autoscopy Project

     For this project I had to take a photo of myself and edit it however I wanted to. Here is the photo I took specifically for this project.


    I'm not making a very pleasant expression here, but it won't show up in the picture for reasons that will quickly become apparent. I downloaded lots of pictures that I could have used, but these are the ones I chose.






    This is the final image, which took me 3ish hours to make.

    There were a lot of different themes I was interested in doing, but I knew for sure that I wanted at least 3 sets of eyes. I ended up with 4 pairs by accident, but I didn't mind it enough to spend energy fixing it. I think if I wasn't doing this for a grade, I would've gone a lot more crazy with how much I did to the image. There's something appealing to me in a messy image, an image where there's so much going on that you can spend a while looking at it to make sure you're not missing anything.

    I love the ocean a lot- marine biology major, obviously- so there's lots of ocean-themed stuff on it. I also really enjoyed the flower brush Professor Roundtree showed us so I incorporated that in the background and the waves. The loser blocks on my mouth represents how I feel when I infodump on my roommates and they're not as interested in whatever it is I'm talking about.

Comments

  1. I really like your take on this project! My favorite part of this was definitely the waves and marine life that you included in the bottom of the portrait. Also, it was really creative to make multiple of your eyes that extend into your forehead; the eyes give a really creepy vibe to the portrait! The flowers in the background was a really nice touch, I think the it gives a "messy order" vibe to the project. Overall, you did an amazing job on this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad it gives off the vibe I was going for :D

      Delete
  2. This is super cool! There is so much to look at, I keep noticing more the longer I look at it! Duplicating your eyes was a very cool idea and it makes you look like a spider in the best way possible. I also really like how you have so many different components that describe who you are, not just one theme. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The fact that I look like a spider was totally unplanned, but spiders are cool and really misunderstood. I love animals that are mistaken as "scary" and "ugly".

      Delete
  3. Project came out nice. I like how you gave yourself multiple pairs of eyes. And the waves at the bottom look very good. Overall really nice job on the project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a really nice job blending everything. your project came out really good and I like your final concept.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Somewhere Project

Business Cards