Somewhere Project

     I Photoshopped myself into a screenshot from the show Criminal Minds. It's not my favorite show ever, but it is my favorite realistic show (my actual favorite is an anime which I felt didn't count for this project). Spencer Reid is my favorite character, so I made sure to find an image with him in the center.


    I knew I needed one of them either in the plane or sitting around the table for a case debriefing instead of a scene of them chasing the suspect because I don't have a prop gun to use and there was no way I was going to edit one in. I couldn't find any screenshots with an empty space next to Spencer (the agent in the forefront, if you're not familiar with the show), so I took on the extra challenge of covering up Kate (the agent who's sitting next to him). I didn't feel the need to mess with the agents sitting in the back- Aaron to the left and Derek to the right- because having them included makes the scene feel more whole and realistic.

    Here is the final product, which took roughly three hours, way too many pictures of myself trying to get the pose right, and an uncomfortable amount of time spent staring at my face.

    I'm pretty happy with it, especially since this is the most effort I've put into Photoshop yet. Seeing myself next to Spencer is kind of surreal considering how much I adore both him and the actor who plays him. I like imagining what it would be like to be an agent in the BAU, and this adds a whole new layer of depth to that.

    I achieved all the effects I wanted to, but I'm fairly certain I did it differently than an expert would. There was a lot of trial and error involved in making this- I felt like I was throwing something at the wall and hoping it would stick. Although when I showed this to my mom, she said it didn't look like that at all, so hopefully it's not glaringly obvious I was struggling.

Comments

  1. This looks amazing! It really looks like you belong in this scene from Criminal Minds with the way you photoshopped yourself into it. The way you're posing and the binder/folder you're holding also really helps sell the illusion. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a whole production even just getting the picture of me right. I was like "Okay roomies I need the lighting to be very specific for a second," and I moved my desk chair into the middle of our living room XD

      Delete
  2. I love this project. When you presented this in class it really looked incredible. I love what you did with the lighting on yourself; I can tell that took a long time to really get it right. The edges of yourself are blended very well into the photo, that it looks like you are actually in the show sitting next to that guy. I also enjoy how you incorporated your logo. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah it did take forever. It was a lot of blending, then re-blending.

      Delete
  3. I love you're project! It looks super realistic, I really like how you added the light from the window on to you're face, it really just adds to the realism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really glad I caught the window from the light because I almost forgot about it lol. Lighting and shadows is something I thought I would struggle with when I first started, so I'm really proud of how it turned out.

      Delete
  4. This looks so good! It looks like you were in the original scene, from your position to the lighting, it's super realistic. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your project looks so realistic. I like how you left the two agents in the back because it looks like the original. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely loved this project, and think you did incredible on it. You matched the lighting, exposure, and filters so well. It genuinely looks like you could be apart of the cast. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your project came out amazing! Criminal Minds is one of my favorite shows too and Im impressed with how natural you made yourself look in the photo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autoscopy Project

Business Cards