Black and White to Color Project

     For this assignment, we had to take a picture of us and turn it from black and white into color. I chose this picture of myself because, in spite of the giant acne spot on my chin, it's a very good photo of me. Plus, I took it in my hometown, which I miss very badly right now. Each picture took roughly an hour and a half to make.



    This is the first color palette I used, and it's my favorite.

    The orange on my skin wasn't the best artistic choice I've ever made, but I didn't dislike it enough to change it. I think the red background provides a good contrast to me. I do wish I had made the buttons on my shirt stick out more; when I was making it, the buttons looked much more noticeable.
   
 This is my second color palette. It's alright, not the best thing I've ever made.




    Once again, the buttons bother me. The blue background gives a change in tone from the first one. I also decided to put a tiger over the acne spot on my chin. The tiger was chosen because that's what came up when I clicked the random shape option in Photoshop. I decided that the tiger, combined with the colored lips, eliminated the need to color my skin in this one. I think it would have been too much, visually.

    Here's the last one. Meh. I lost motivation to work on this with the last one and it shows.


    I did the four-corner overlay to emulate pictures of the same place in different seasons. Tennessee weather changes with the seasons- unlike in Florida, where there's rarely ever snow- so I made it like this as an expression of how homesick I am. This was unintentional, but I noticed that the orange color is almost an exact match of my skin tone.

Comments

  1. I love the colors you choose for this project! How you alternated different ways of applying the colors onto your black and white photo was super cool, I did not think of doing it different ways for each different color scheme. My favorite part of these was definitely how you colored your glasses purple it was done so well and just looks so fresh and cool. You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The glasses actually have two different layers- it's the same purple but the frames have a higher opacity than the lenses

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Somewhere Project

Autoscopy Project

Business Cards